Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 April 2012

The Horde Rises

Just finished the first Zombie for my modern zombie horde, I think this is the smallest model I've ever painted and was a little fiddly but in the end I think he turned out ok.  


Here's a shot of the growing horde and the post apoc type survivors, its a mix of loads of different manufacturers, Foundry, Lead Adventures etc, all told I've got around 70 odd zombies now I just need to paint some of them up and I should have a decent set up for some Zombie gaming.


7 comments:

  1. Very cool. I've never seen a zombie baby before and you did a great job on it. That's a nice looking horde, too. Enough to swamp many a survivor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, thanks very much. I've just got to get round to painting some of it...

      Delete
  2. What the what?! Where's the baby from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby is this guy:
      http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=cis_hld_dem_ind_111_000
      He was a birthday present from my brother.
      Some awesome mini's in the Hell Dorado range, I think he's meant to be some kind of demon but easily stands in for a zombie

      Delete
  3. Great start, I can't imagine starting with any miniature more wicked, hehe.

    For fleshing out zombie horde, I must suggest plastics, Wargames factory modern zombie horde (also available on Maelstrom) and Mantic zombies and/or ghouls. All three would give you some 80 zeds for around what...some 60 pounds. You can see mantic zombies (but not ghouls) and WGF plastics on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, companies need to make more Zombie babies I can't imagine anything more horrifying than a whole nursery's worth of zombie babies.
      I have my eye on some plastic Zeds but I have to resist buying more stuff as I've got a ton already to paint...

      Delete
  4. The wgf plastics are a bit fugly, but not bad for fleshing out a horde base - I've got a couple of sprues floating around if you fancy a trade?

    ReplyDelete