Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Mini tank and payday loot

More post apocalyptic bits and pieces for you this week. As it was payday recently I decided to have a mooch around town and see what the retail gods would offer up for my painting table. First up I popped into TK Maxx and grabbed this from the toy section for £4.99:

It looked roughly the right scale for 28mm figures so I gave it a shot, once painted up should work really well as a terrain piece. Here are a few shots of the pieces and the with some mini's so you can see for yourself:


I also popped into Model Zone for quick look around and came out with a couple of airfix kits that were on sale, £1.99 for this little WWI tank

and £15.00 for this beast of a kit:

I think the Russian BMP should be easily apocalytic-iffied, it is a little on the large size (1:35 scale) but looking at the seating on the sprues they look about right for a 28mm arse.

As I've not put together any airfix kits for about 15 years I started with the WWI male tank and with a little tweaking ended up with a mini one man post apocalyptic flame tank. Most of the additions are Ramshackle games resin parts and a little extra plasticard.



6 comments:

  1. They all look like good finds, will be having a trip to TK's myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tank looks great. Can't wait to see how you tackle the BMP and garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The WW1 tank looks sweet. Now how can I fit that into the Mechanicus ranks and where's my local modelzone... I look forward to seeing that garage get hit by a whole bucketload of urban decay! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Gareth, can't wait to see that Garage dragged through the radioactive murk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul there! Hey, tell us how you make leaves? I need to do that and you could save me some time!

    ReplyDelete